When you are diabetic, you must beware not only what you eat, but also what you drink. There are many drinks that must be avoided, but there is also a wide variety of drinks that are safe for diabetics. Check the following list of the best drinks if you are diabetics . You must stay healthy drinking liquids best for you if you are diabetic, to drink when you’re at home, at work, and even while traveling. Always mindful of not making the wrong drink for not experience complications as a result of elevated blood glucose.
10 Excellent Drinks for Diabetics
The American Diabetes Association suggests diabetics commit to consume beverages that do not have or have a low number in calories per serving. We all know that the best option is healthier and water, being zero calories and be the best source of hydration. Other drinks that may consider a person with diabetes include coffee without sugar, some plant milks and green juices 100 percent natural are also safe, but always keep in mind the calories and carbohydrates of each drink, and keep track of this information in your meal plan.
1. Chamomile tea :- Not contain calories, have a great taste, and be full of antioxidants, all this and more, have made chamomile tea a trend in health, especially for diabetics.
Research conducted at the University of Toyama in Japan and the University of Aberystwyth in Wales, suggests that regularly drinking chamomile tea can help lower blood sugar, and prevent complications, including nerves, circulation, kidney disease and blindness which may occur due to the condition.
2. Almond milk :- Almond milk (must be sugar if purchases), can help reduce blood sugar. If you add half a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter you can make a smoothie that will help stabilize sugar fluctuations.
3. Quinoa milk :- Quinoa milk can be another great choice of drink for diabetics because it benefits people with diabetes in several ways. According to a study with a diet high in fructose, including Quinoa it helped reduce levels of blood sugar by up to 10%.
Quinoa can help control appetite and this could help diabetic patients. In a comparative study with different alternative grains like quinoa, buckwheat and oats, with some conventional grains such as rice and wheat, it was found that alternative grains produce greater degrees of fullness than conventional grains. This helped to control appetite and can aid in weight loss. Like most patients with diabetes are obese, quinoa can help with your weight loss treatment.
4. Apple cider vinegar :- The apple cider vinegar is another great concoction to control sugar levels in the blood. It has been shown to suppress the activity of complex sugars and improves insulin sensitivity after meals. It also helps in the metabolism and weight loss, which are additional benefits for diabetics.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Diabetes
You can drink a spritz of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water mixed with lemon and cinnamon to taste better.
5. Spice tea :- In a cup of hot water, sprinkle a little cinnamon and turmeric. These spices, along with water are powerful forces in controlling high blood sugar, both instantly and in the medium and long term.
6. Black tea :- A Chinese study showed that black tea has the highest levels of polysaccharides, which slows the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream. A new German study found meanwhile that taking three to four cups a day may reduce the risk of developing diabetes by 16 percent. The black tea can also help reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease.
7. Coconut water :- A better alternative to sports drinks is coconut water. It is ideal for a diabetic, as it is low in sugar and rich in minerals and vitamins that actually work to stabilize sugar. Frankly, it can be promoted as the perfect drink of Mother Nature.
8. Hot chocolate:- Become a little hot chocolate with almond milk: it’s a great excuse to enjoy chocolate. Cocoa has been shown to improve glucose metabolism and lowers blood pressure. In a glass add almond milk low in sugar because it is highly nutritious and low in fat, and add a tablespoon of cocoa powder dark.
9. A small glass of red wine :- Alcohol is a controversial issue for people with diabetes and must discuss the issue of drinking it with your own doctor before deciding whether or not you include alcohol in your diet.
That said, polyphenols and resveratrol in red wine have antioxidant effects that can combat atherosclerosis and fluctuating sugars, which are the main problems in diabetics. the formation of nitric oxide, which maintains healthy and open blood vessels is also promoted, and this allows blood to flow freely without being hindered by the accumulation in the vessels or glycation sugar. Make sure that the consumption of red wine is really in moderation, or not drink at all.
10. Coffee :- Although many do not believe, coffee is not as harmful to a person suffering from diabetes, on the contrary, if coffee is consumed, it can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and this is because of the antioxidants it has this wonderful grain.
The antioxidant properties of coffee, they become more powerful when preparing it with water, always take it without sugar, of course, and using vegetable or skim milk; for example, an almond milk could be a healthy choice.