The carrot is a very healthy vegetable that, fortunately, is consumed regularly in most diet plans.
Of their species varieties are distinguished in yellow or purple but, without doubt, the orange & Red tone is the most widely known.
Its flavor is very nice and versatile, so it is not surprising that used for the preparation of desserts, stews, soups and hundreds of recipes.
In addition, from the nutritional point of view carrot is a very complete food because it contains carbohydrates, vegetable protein, fat and only 34 calories per 100 grams.
Of course, carrot is a healthy source of vitamins, fiber, minerals and powerful antioxidants that benefit health.
While many do not yet know what it is, it is no secret that their inclusion in the diet is very good for the body.
Here we review your top 10 benefits to give you more reasons to eat carrot. Discover them!
Benefits of Eating Carrot
1. Protect the Heart
- Continued use of this plant up to 32% reduces the risk of coronary heart disease.
- This is because their antioxidants and vitamins facilitate cleaning of the arteries to prevent the buildup of fatty plaques.
2. Strengthens bones
- The carrot contains calcium, magnesium and vitamin C, three key nutrients to maintain good bone density.
- Intake favors the construction and maintenance of both bone and teeth to prevent fractures and loss of collagen.
3. Improves vision
- One of the most distinguished properties of this vegetable is its ability to protect the view of the damage caused by deficiency of vitamin A.
- Its beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant, is converted into vitamin A in the body and protect eye health.
- Thanks to this, carrots prevent cataracts, macular degeneration and other visual disturbances that degrade the quality of life.
4. Look after liver health
- Vitamins and minerals containing this vegetable are good allies for cleaning the blood and liver.
- Components involved in the metabolism of fats and the production of bile. With this, its consumption stimulates the elimination of toxins and promotes the treatment of hepatitis and cirrhosis.
5. Controls cholesterol
- Reprising their health benefits the cardiovascular system, it is important to make special mention of the ability to reduce this excess bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Its high content of soluble fibers, especially pectin, prevents this from sticking in the arteries and promotes removal.
- This not only improves circulation, but the risk of clotting and high blood pressure is reduced.
6. Invigorates the brain
- Because of its high contribution of potassium and phosphorus, the carrot is a natural regenerating nerves and tired minds.
- By inclusion of usual dietary risk of cognitive dysfunctions such as memory loss and perception it is reduced.
- A high intake in adulthood also prevents deterioration produced by aging.
7. Strengthens hair and nails
- Carrot plant is one of the most recommended to combat weak hair and nails, as its beta-carotene helps strengthen them.
- As if that were not enough, it contains essential minerals and vitamins that reduce deficiencies that cause these problems.
8. Prevents premature aging
- Vitamin A which is synthesized in the body by eating carrot has a powerful antioxidant that inhibits cell damage and other negative effects of free radicals.
- With your daily intake the risk of sagging, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging is decreased.
9. Combat constipation
- Natural carrot juice is a mild laxative against constipation thanks to the significant contribution of fiber.
- Its advantage is that it does not cause side effects and is a safe way to reduce digestive discomfort.
Read this Article :- 5 Secret Properties of Royal Jelly For Your Health.
10. It has diuretic action
- This plant contains a significant amount of water which gives it a very good diuretic effect on the body.
- With this inflammation and excess fluids that are retained in tissues decreases.
- Many experts advise eating it raw by appetizers, salads or smoothies.
However, you can also enjoy the sweet taste in all recipes you can think of.