Black Pepper, Great For Your Health
To take advantage of all its benefits and verify that pepper contains no additives and naturally the grain acquire and then we grind it at home Nature provides a wide variety of spices, products that not only provide spectacular flavors to foods, but also contain components very beneficial for our body. In the specific case of black pepper, it is a formidable ingredient for seasoning culinary preparations and step to reduce the use of salt in them.
Black pepper provides meals that spicy and aromatic, so characteristic flavor, but also gives benefits to health, it functions as a natural stimulant of gastric secretions. Thus, it favors the digestive processes in the stomach. But this is not the only positive contribution to our body. The benefits of black pepper are amazing and it is best to continue discovering more and more.
Benefits of Black Pepper
Here we share with you some of their interesting properties for health:
- Black pepper has antioxidant that collaborate in the fight against cancer, liver problems and cardiovascular disease.
- It helps eliminate fat and therefore lose weight.
- Relieves symptoms of colds and respiratory processes.
- The skin benefits of piperine containing pepper and helps in creating pigments.
- Pepper is a powerful antibacterial element that helps in the fight against our body infections of all kinds.
- Effectively prevents fluid retention favoring their elimination through sweat and urine.
- It is also possible to prepare a tea (soft) based on black pepper and consume it as a home remedy for cough. Another popular cough remedy is to spray half a lemon and suck black pepper.
- It contains an essential oil, which can be used externally to relieve pain of rheumatoid arthritis. It has a warming effect and has a mild analgesic action.
Other Interesting facts
Black pepper is available in several forms: whole grain, and grains in crushed powder. What gives potential pepper is piperine, and when this has already been ground, much of that component is lost. Therefore, it is always best to acquire it in the form of grains, ie, as natural as possible. In addition, to get whole we make sure that does not contain additives, which are often added to them to the presentation of seasoning powder.
To ensure a pure pepper, often it recommended to choose the peppercorns that are round, heavy and compact appearance. Is basic peppercorns store at room temperature. However, if you prefer to use ground, we recommend storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Another thing to consider is that if we grind pepper moments before eating, can take advantage of a higher level of piperine. Also recalls that incorporate not recommended to food during cooking, as the high temperature causes it to lose much of its aroma, flavor and vitamin C.
It is obvious that black pepper is a very popular spice in the kitchen, but it also has many more properties favorable to our health, preventing diseases and increasing the defenses of our immune system.