We all know that eating fresh fruit is good for our health, but if it is rich in vitamin C, your heart will thank you.
According to a study a few months ago, having a high level of vitamin C in the blood will help us prevent many cardiovascular diseases. We gain in quality of life and also we defend better against infections.
So what if we increase the daily consumption of oranges, lemons, kiwis or grapefruits?
Vitamin C protects us from the risk of Premature Death
When we speak of premature deaths we refer to heart attacks or stroke, diseases that affect both men and women and that, in turn, they are related to lifestyle and unhealthy eating.
Does this mean that if we eat a lot of vitamin C prevent these diseases will achieve 100%? In all, it is not this.
It is actually to bring a balance in our daily lives, and follow a healthy and varied diet which should not miss the vitamin C in fruit and fresh vegetables.
What they tell us studies on vitamin C
The research was conducted at the University of Copenhagen and Herlev Hospital in Denmark and later on the same results were published in the journal “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.”
The data that have offered are:
- People who consume daily fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C are 15% less likely to develop cardiovascular disease.
- Those who consume, for example, fruits like oranges, lemons, grapefruit (grapefruit), etc. regularly they have 20% less likely to die suddenly.
- Vitamin C helps us improve the connective tissue of our organs, enhancing the functionality of our cells and strength of veins and arteries.
- Vitamin C is one of the best antioxidant for cardiovascular health because it protects cells from oxidation by free radicals.
- Our body is unable to produce vitamin C by itself, so we must get it from natural sources such as present in fruit and vegetables.
- According to scientists tell us this study, although it is true that we can get vitamin C through supplements sold in pharmacies, it is always better to consume fresh fruit.
- It is better processed in the body and also offers other nutrients.
Discover more foods rich in vitamin C
As we have noted above, best suited to take care of our heart health is to eat fresh fruit and vegetables.
It is also advisable to take them in the early hours of the day and before your meals.
If you eat fruit after your lunch or your dinner, nutrients are not absorbed so as adequate as you would on an empty stomach. Furthermore, our digestion difficult.
1. Oranges, lemons and grapefruits
- When you get a good dose of vitamin C, it is essential that we include in our diet oranges, lemons and grapefruits.
- Oranges can consume naturally into pieces and with a little honey.
- Grapefruit can take it in the form of juice before your two main meals.
- Lemon is very suitable to take it in the morning in juice with a glass of warm water.
- Also do not forget the benefits of frozen lemon, it is a way to get more vitamin C and antioxidants.
2. Papayas After lemons, oranges and papayas are the next most interesting fruits to care for our heart health.
It is advisable to consume naturally, not in juice and even less in jams. You can combine your breakfast with some oatmeal or some kefir.
3. Parsley, Red pepper, Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts
Whenever possible you add to your meals fresh parsley.
You may like to know that red pepper contains 139 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams, almost triple orange. Add it in your salad but crudely cut very finite form and in a small amount.
Read This Article :- 10 Great Benefits of Eating Carrot
Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are those very suitable for our heart health cruciferous vegetables. Consume them two to three times a week, and steamed with a little olive oil. They are delicious and help us prevent many diseases.